3.03.2012

Focusing on inner beauty this week

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

1 Timothy 4:8
Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.


These scriptures are on my heart this week. I don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this, but whenever I spend time taking care of myself spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and I get to a place where I "feel" beautiful, it begins to radiate through me and I will get comments from my husband/family "You look beautiful, you are just radiating."

I honestly believe that if you take care of yourself at an inner level, focusing on GOOD things and on the things that God has in mind for you to focus on- it radiates out of your whole body. It makes you more attractive (and not just physically) and it makes you FUN to be around.

Something to think about.

Depression and sadness and self pity breeds isolation, loneliness, bitterness and even hatred.

But focusing on joy, hope, beauty, others, Jesus, the bible, it breeds beauty on a level only God could give you beauty.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I needed this today.... really. Thank you for posting.

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews