2.28.2012

Happy Six Month birthday sweet boy!

Gabriel, today is your six month birthday.


I remember when you were born clearly, it was the second happiest moment of my life.



Who knew that in such a short period of time, things would change so drastically for us, my love?


Day 2 of your life, was the day I consider the most hopeless I have ever felt. But it was also the day the biggest miracle started happening.


Sometimes, I look at you, how healthy and beautiful you are, and I think... How could you have ever been that little boy that no one had hope for?


Sometimes I wonder if we should have named you Gabriel Hope McAllister (but Hope is rather girly, now isn't it?)


But Gabriel, you are my treasure. I knew you before you were born. I felt like I knew you, knew your sweet spirit, knew you had downs syndrome... Because I just knew you were my special son.


You look so much like your brother, Judah. But you also look like your other Downs Syndrome relatives throughout the world. You have such a unique family all your own, people who will understand you better than I ever will.


If you live for one year, or fifty years... I will love you for every moment of it. I feel so lucky that I get you. You are beautiful, inside, outside, all around side. God made you so unique, so perfectly yourself that it's hard to believe that some people can only see your imperfections... We need to pray for those people.


Gabriel, someday you will have a little sibling with Downs Syndrome. We have saved a very big spot in our heart for them. They will be adopted, and I think it will be a girl.


Because of you, sweet boy, I see the precious reality of life. The fragility, but also the beauty... It's all new to me now, all raw and fresh again.


The truth is, Daddy and I are lucky.































Well Gabriel,
I suppose the jist of this is that we are glad we have you around.
We are blessed to have you around for one half of a year.
It has flown by in many ways, and gone slowly on the bad days.
We have enjoyed having you in our arms for the past 6 months, and out of the hospital for the past three months.
You are strong, tough, beautiful, handsome.

And you have a big brother who loves you intensely and immensely.

We love you dearly, sweet boy.

<3

Mommy

5 comments:

Mandy said...

These pictures are beautiful, Julia! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Gabriel! :-) I love following your sweet little life. :-) And, I praise God for how you bring him so much glory. He is so beautiful in you.

Nita Jo said...

Julia, This is such a beautiful post! What a sweet treasure Gabriel is! A miracle and a blessing!
Love you all!

Becky said...

Hello! I found you through the Holtrop´s blog. My little girl was diagnosed with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, then tetralogy of fallot, and later Mosaic Trisomy 16. I´m due June 23rd, but we are expected to deliver several weeks early due to the Trisomy. Your little boy is SO ADORABLE. I just want to squeeze him! God bless you and your family!
Here´s our blog
lucyslightandhope.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Hello! I found you through the Holtrop´s blog. My little girl was diagnosed with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, then tetralogy of fallot, and later Mosaic Trisomy 16. I´m due June 23rd, but we are expected to deliver several weeks early due to the Trisomy. Your little boy is SO ADORABLE. I just want to squeeze him! God bless you and your family!
Here´s our blog
lucyslightandhope.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Hello! I found you through the Holtrop´s blog. My little girl was diagnosed with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, then tetralogy of fallot, and later Mosaic Trisomy 16. I´m due June 23rd, but we are expected to deliver several weeks early due to the Trisomy. Your little boy is SO ADORABLE. I just want to squeeze him! God bless you and your family!
Here´s our blog
lucyslightandhope.blogspot.com

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews